GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Summer That Flew By

One of the great things about having company is being able to become the tourist yourself!
I love to show people around our area... and parts of California, nearby.
In the middle of all the wedding commotion we made plans to
take our visiting East Coast family to...
Yosemite.  Inspiration Point.
Yosemite Falls.

The Ahwahnee Hotel.
After the wedding we went towards the coast.
One favorite stop is Casa De Fruita.


Then on to Monterey.
We have the keys to a wonderful little home in Pacific Grove so we stayed overnight and
went into Carmel the next day after a little bit of kayaking.
'






Then back home...

to spend  day at the lake with the family.

But the fun keeps on coming...
last weekend we had more family come (my side)...
Thursday another round of family will be on the way(hubs side)...
and then a family BBQ is planned the week after that(extended family).
Now somewhere in there I am going to figure out how to fit some sewing time in.
After all... we have Schnibbles to do AND I have to get my list in order for the July- August
Charming Guys/Girls Club!
More on that tomorrow!


9 friends stopped by to chat:

Anonymous said...

All my old stomping grounds! I can't even tell you how many summers were spent camping at Yosemite....your photos brought back plenty of memories!

Jocelyn said...

What beautiful sites. Yes it is nice to take company around for tours. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Carol said...

Sounds like a great vacation. We've been to Yosemite. Yes, you need to make time for Schnibbles, priorities you know. I know what you mean about summer flying by we just got home a couple of days ago from vacation and its already the middle of July.

Sherri said...

Oh, every site is so gorgeous...what fun to get to host and sight see at the same time! I know what you mean about summer flying by...I have so many things I wanted to get done...and haven't even started any!

Denise :) said...

Oh what beautiful places you visited! I can't wait to hook up the ol' RV and head west! Thanks (again) for sharing with us!! :)

Nicole said...

Reconnecting with out of town relatives is one the best things about a wedding! Your photos are great and it looks like you all had a fantastic time.

Cyndi said...

Oh, lucky family and guests! Those places are absolutely beautiful...thanks so much for sharing your pics! One of these days I'm coming to California...will you show me around? :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful pictures of some of the most gorgeous settings in CA. Hope you can find a little creative time now too.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the photos from your holiday............thanks for sharing...