GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Everything Is In It's "Place"

I suppose that a Second Place is better than no place at all.

Here are the quilts that I had entered into the County Fair.



I ranked a Second and a Third... and an honorable mention.
Not to bad overall... but I keep thinking of that saying: If you're not the lead dog the view is the same.
I have another try at this because this weekend is our Heritage Days Fair, and I have entered a couple of quilts into
that exhibit. Just wall quilts are able to be entered there, due to space constraints.

I had to show a photo of our new landscapers who arrived just in time... so the hubs didn't have to go out and cut that lawn! hehe!
This time of year the deers don't mind coming into the yard despite the fact that we have a dog.
Deer season has opened and I have a feeling they know it...
and figure that they would rather take their chances with the house pets!

I had lunch with my sweet friend yesterday and she had to show me her newly finished Dresden Plate wall hanging. Do you see what this picture and the photo below have in common?
They are both saying Fall is on it's way!
Although the temperature doesn't seem to agree!

On a little side note: I have taught color classes in the past and I thought I would point out how your camera can help you with your fabric selections. Do you see how you can take a photo and pull the colors from it to get your palette for a beautiful quilt? In the class I ask people to bring a favorite photo and we go into the quilt shop and pull bolts, picking up colors that are in the picture... we come up with some great color groups. If you get a chance you should try it sometime!
Posted by Picasa

9 friends stopped by to chat:

Sherri said...

Love those fall leaves...wish our temps were saying fall too...oh well, at least it's not in the 90's at night any more! I'll have to try the camera idea!

Inga said...

Wow, that's really neat. I love fig tree fabrics. Now I know why.

Kim Brackett said...

Congratulations on your ribbons! And thanks so much for the picture tip. I'm gonna try it!

Shelley said...

Yah!!! for those ribbons! Good luck at the next show too!

Cindy said...

Some wandering deer ate up my tomato plants a few weeks ago! I wish they'd do the lawn. Love your idea of using the colors from a photo. I may have to try that.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

That's a great tip! I will have to remember that. Congratulations on the ribbons. Like you said, placing for a ribbon is better than no ribbon at all. That wallhanging your friend put together is gorgeous! I love all the colors. Screams Fall, just like you pointed out. We're having our Fall weather here! 40s at night and low to mid 70s during the day. Loving that!

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Love the colour tip! We are in spring here, my favourite season!
Coming 2nd is a great accomplishment, I didn't think the view from 2nd on the winners podium would be too bad!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congratulations on your ribbons - job well done! Thanks for the photo color tip - never thought of it quite that way.

Nanette Merrill said...

Your quilts are first rate! Love them and they look so inviting folded there in the pic. Love the dresden and the dot back is perfect.