GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, November 26, 2012

Caving In To Temptation

I had a very nice Thanksgiving.
What could be better than to be surrounded by
the people I love!


But I couldn't help pushing on through to Christmas... getting the
decorations out and put up. And then I thought...
 it would be fun to make up a little. 
 Christmas quilt!  I caved into temptation decided to make up this little guy.
So I got out my scraps and made up this Thimble Blossoms pattern.
I had just purchased the stripe fabric to make into Dresden blades, but 
it became necessary to reassign the fabric to this project. 
I didn't quite have enough to do the inside border or the outside border, but
I think I can find some fabric for that easy enough. 
Seriously, this was the funnest little project and quick to make too.
I think it set the whole mood for the holiday for me.

But, the downfall is that I didn't finish my BOM Rehab project! 
How did you do?






12 friends stopped by to chat:

Q said...

Glad you had a lovely thanks giving, I finally got inspired to work on my BOM... (just)

The Christmassy pattern is adorable!

Carol said...

Oh Sinta I started that cute ornament quilt this weekend too...It is so darn cute! I just love it!

Darlene said...

Yours is adorable - way to go. I'm going to quilt and bind mine this week. It's huge favorite.

Cindy said...

It's so pretty! Love the colors!

Kim Brackett said...

That's just adorable! You're so quick -- just decided to throw it together, and there it is!

Thelma said...

Sinta! You crack me up! I have this pattern, I may have to squeeze this one in this year, your's looks adorable!

Izzy said...

Such a cute quilt. I understand how you would get tempted. :-)

Brandie said...

I think that is so cute! I'm tempted...

Mary said...

I LOVE your little quilt! What line is the strip fabric - I can always use a pink stripe. I decided I need a Christmas quilt, too, so that's what I've been working on. This is the first year I've made one.

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Your quilt with those ornaments is adorable! Now I wish I would have gotten that pattern. Lol

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Pretty Christmas quilt. I like the non-traditional colors that you used.

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm in the process of caving.