GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, November 15, 2012

Turning 30, Wearing 40's




Last weekend there was a 30th birthday party for my DDIL. 
I got to make the cake/cupcakes for the party.
Which normally is a piece of cake...
ha ha ha.
But I was beyond challenged!
My recipe came from my  Miette cookbook.
I don't know what I did or didn't do but I was having a terrible time...
but roughly eight hours latter I managed to win and be on time for the party.
It was an 80's theme... which was really fun. 
But then, I realized that I didn't really know what 80's style was.
In my post a week or so ago, I shared that I lived in Yosemite during the 80's.
I never watched T.V. or possibly even read a newspaper. 
So, I took out my old clothes and opened up my hat boxes... because
what I remember wearing was vintage clothes and hats!
I have to tell you that I was transformed when I put them on!





I was waiting to see if any photos would surface on facebook...
but I don't seem to have any to show.
I just loved it (even though I didn't really quite fit the "theme"...
but I am a mother-in-law... so I really can do whatever I want, can't I?

I haven't had so much fun dressing up in a long time!
Oh, and the party was fun... and everyone loved the cake and cupcakes too.
And Jill had a happy birthday too!



Oh, and I couldn't bear to put away my hats, so I have been wearing them everyday this week!
(disclaimer: these photos of hats and dresses were not actual, but only similar to my collection)

11 friends stopped by to chat:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Looks like great fun Sinta Renee!

beth said...

I didn't have a television in the 80's either! You think we missed out? Nah....

Betty Lou said...

Hard to think of the 80's as being vintage. Oh My, I must be getting old, it doesn't seem that long ago.

Carrie P. said...

sounds like dress up was fun.

luv2quilt2 said...

Oh those hats remind me of my childhood. My mother always wore a hat and I thought they were the most beautiful things ever!

Carol said...

What FUN!

Denise :) said...

Oh my gosh -- I bet this was the most fun!! My grandmother had *quite* the collection of hats. I wonder where they ended up?! I'd like to see some photos of *you* in your pretty hats! :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Big hair, big hair bows and acid wash jeans. :)

Needled Mom said...

Gosh...wish we lived closer. We have a 40's party tomorrow night and I need one of those great hats!!! LOVE the dress too. You go girl!

Mary said...

I LOVE hats! I wear them all the time. If I go in a shop where they know me, without a hat they have no idea who I am. We even have a hat shop in Oregon City now - unbelievable! (It's on 7th at the bottom of the elevator if you remember that.) I'm even getting my daughters and granddaughters to wear hats that I make them. And one grandson - I made him a fishing hat and a train engineer hat. Hats - don't leave home without one.

Yüz Germe said...

A very well-written post. I read and liked the post and have also bookmarked you. All the best for future endeavors.
Yüz Germe