GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Fun Night

Last night I had a fun class at my LQS. 
I gave a class in Bounce by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.
I don't seem to have a photo of my quilt... but you can see it in the top corner of 
the photo below.
Also in the photo is Diane... who is in a lot of classes with me...
here she is showing her Eventide quilt, also by MRQC.
I just loved the way it turned out...


but even more amazing was this quilt from 
the book Scrappy Fireworks by Laundry Basket Quilts.


These are just 4" blocks... aren't they are just beautiful?


In Between Stitches in Livermore CA offered this as a "block of the week".
They sent a little fabric kit of various "scraps" so that you could make
6 blocks a week.
They are doing another quilt from the same book using the same format...
it's for really small basket blocks.
I am drooling over it!

Oh, and the class was a lot of fun... but I feel so bad for everyone, because
most of the real work was in the cutting... and that was assigned to do BEFORE
we met. It seems my job at that point was pretty easy peasie.



6 friends stopped by to chat:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! :) Love seeing pics of quilts, just can never see too many, love them. xo

Needled Mom said...

Wow....those little 4" blocks are really gorgeous together. It sounds like you had fun.

Anita said...

Love the Eventide quilt! I made one with similar fabrics, that pattern was the easiest ever! Where do you teach? I know in between stitched, so could do a class there :) oh and yes I drooled over those little basket blocks too :)

Carol said...

Oh Sinta that Eventide is just beautiful...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Are you going to do the basket scrap quilt? You should have shown us your Bounce!

trish said...

That quilt is stunning! :0)
Sounds like a lot of fun!!