GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, April 1, 2013

BOM REHAB & A Hat Trick

NO, not that hat trick!
This Hat Trick...
Yes, it is that time!
Woohoo! Yippee! Hooray! 
Hot Diggity Dog!

I am excited to announce the first pattern for 
Another Year of Schnibbles...
Sherri at A Quilting Life and I are starting off the new year of Schnibbles projects
with what we refer to as
"Vintage Schnibbles".

Hat Trick was my very first Schnibbles pattern/kit.
I am so happy to have finally made it! I used my kit, and if you recognise the
fabric you will see how vintage it is! I think it was the very first line
of fabric from Bunny Hill.
So, Bunny Hill. Bunny. Hat Trick, Easter. April Fools day.
See how that worked out?

Another Year of Schnibbles you ask? For those of you who
 haven't played along before let me tell you.
This is how it works:
The first of each month Sherri and I will show you a Schnibbles pattern
that we made. On the first day of the following month we have a parade of
the completed Schnibbles pattern of yours. It doesn't even have to be quilted.
It's just that easy.
In this case, on May 1st we will have a parade of Hat Trick.
Sherri shows half of the parade on her blog and I show half of the quilts
on my blog.

So, what do you say?
Are you ready to join in?
I will be excited to see our alumni Schnibblers again...
I've missed you! Seriously!

Let me know if you are going to play along...
I would love to add your blog link to my sidebar if you are.
Hat Trick Schnibbles Charm Pack Pattern Miss Rosie's Quilt Company Schnibbles Pattern #RQC-411
Here is the pattern... (and they are on sale over at FQS too).
Or, if you want it right this minute...
Carrie has the PDF version available in her web store.
To get started you will need 55 charms and 1/8 of a yard of inner border fabric.
Bam! You're in business!

I have to slip in a photo of  baby Blake... a precious 1 week old.

and one of Miss Evie Lou Who, 

Scrumptious!

I finally got my FQS Designer Mystery out and made a block. I had already cut it out, so 
it was easy enough to make. I was just lucky that non of the pieces were missing... as sometimes happens when you put a project on the back burner for a length of time. 






It was a nice way to ease back into my DM project. I 
have 10 blocks now-- I have made 5 of the months now, 
in
duplicate.
Did you manage to check into BOM Rehab this week?
It's always exciting to see what you have been working on!


40 friends stopped by to chat:

Michele said...

Yea! You know I'm in :-D Vintage Schnibbles??? LOVE IT!!! Awesome idea! There are so many early ones that I missed that I'd love to make! Thanks for giving us the heads up on the fabric requirements :-) Very helpful! Such cute babies!! ADORABLE!! I love my teenagers, but wow those babies are cute :-D

JoAnne said...

Yipee!!! I'm in for more Schnibbles! I love the idea of doing Vintage Schnibbles, too. Those babies are adorable!

Aunt Marti said...

I'm so happy to get back into AYOS! And thanks for the reminder about BOM Rehab -- I made my blocks in March but failed to blog about them!

Carol said...

I like the idea of Vintage Schnibbles. Of course I'll be joining the fun each month and I already have this pattern, so please add me to the list. You're so good getting your blocks all done, they look so nice. Love the pictures of your grandchildren. Evie is getting so big.

Unknown said...

Yeah, can't wait for year 4 of the Schnibbles. Count me in again.
Thanks
Sandy F.

Izzy said...

Oh I am definitely in! I've got a mountain of charms that have been waiting for 3 months! :-)

Wendy said...

I didn't think it could get better but you girls did it! Vintage Schnibbles is an awesome idea! I have missed So many and now that they are available by PDF, I have no excuse...right! Count me in!

Kim said...

Ok, I am going to join in. I'm going to go and download the pattern. Please add me to your list.

Kim
www.lilypatchquilts.com

Kris said...

Congratulations on the precious baby grandboy!!! So cute!!!
: ) Kris

Kim said...

Would I miss another year of Schnibbles fun? Of course not!

Cheryl said...

Blake and Miss Evie are just so precious!!! I will be joining in with Schnibbles too...think I even have that pattern somewhere! So sad....no BOM to report on yet!

Hildy said...

Finally, new Schnibbles, yeehaa;-) I've seen the new Vintage Schnibbles already yesterday on Carrie's but since Ididn't know which one to take I've waited ... and bought 3 today! Nobody can resist a good deal and Schnbbles deals are the best, right?
Cute baby pictures you just want to cuddle them!
Have a nice april, Hildy

Sarah said...

Gorgeous babies!

Satu said...

Woohoo!!! This particularly day I've waited for few months;o) I AM in too! The Vintage Schnibbles is really good idea, because I missed the early years of Schnibbles.

Anonymous said...

I'm joining in the AYOS this time around! I also got a BOM Rehab block done (redone), but I have to get the pictures uploaded from another device before I can blog about it. I'll link in later tonight!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Congratulations again! What sweet faces! AND I have "Hat Trick" made up already and quilted! I wonder if I should throw myself into the parade? ;)

Cindy said...

I'm in on the Schnibbles - I've missed it. Thank you, Sinta and Sherri, for hosting this fun event once again. Hugs.

Cindy said...

Question: Does the fabric have to be "vintage" I'd like to do mine in "other" fabrics.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I'm thrilled to read that Schnibbles are BACK! Yes!! And I have this pattern... I missed out before so Vintage is just perfect for me.

Anonymous said...

VS - I'm in! I've had serious withdrawal. I've been collecting charms and backgrounds for a few months, just waiting.

Patricia Lessell said...

I'm short on charms but I have loads of fabric so guess I'm going to be cutting into some of this. I have bought the pdf chart too. Wonder how many charms you get out of a half yard of cloth???

Cathy said...

Okay...now you've done it. Like I don't have enough to do you lure me in to a Vintage Schnibbles sew a long. I just ordered my pattern, and I have the charms picked out. Sounds like it is going to be fun. Hugs

Kim Brackett said...

Oh, this is so tempting! I really love the DM project. Those are really sweet blocks. And the little ones are precious!

Lesley said...

Wow! There is so much to love here! Love the vintage Schnibbles, love your gorgeous blocks, and love the pics of your beautiful grandchildren. A wonderful way to start the month!

Carol said...

I'm in! (no blog) I've really missed my monthly schnibble fix.
Beautiful little ones!

Chris Wright said...

I have never done this but have admired them all. I am going to join. I have my pattern, just need to pick a charm pack.

Count me in! Thanks

Chris
www.thehometownquilter.com

Anonymous said...

This looks like fun. Count me in. I picked out some fabric and downloaded my pattern. Now to get some free moments to get it started.

Anonymous said...

Count me on! I'll be selecting fabrics tomorrow.

Debbie said...

Can you believe that it is April already?? I can't wait to get started on this pattern and AYOS. Looks like you had a very Blessed Easter....

Linda said...

I am excited to be joining you for AYOS - my first time ever to participate in any such quilt-along. I started piecing my nine patches last night with Moda's Ruby - yay!

Andee said...

I am going to see if I have this pattern at home and jump in..I love little nine patches!

Gretchen said...

I'm so happy to be back in Schnibble-making land! Please add my blog to the list :)

http://stellabellaquilts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oooh yes count me in for vintage schnibbles! So glad they are available as PDFs now for us international folk! :)

Patti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Count me in for the vintage Schnibbles, this will be fun!

Mary Caldwell said...

Can participate if I don't have a blog?

Everyone seemed to have such a good time last year I thought I'd join in this time around.

Patti said...

I want to play too! I've already finished half my blocks for Hat Trick. Please add my blog to your list. Thanks so much! This is going to be so much fun.

Patti
www.quiltingisstillmypassion.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

I know the month is almost up but I would like to sign up for Another Year of Schnibbles. I will send an email with my finished top and blog info. Thank you for running this again!!

Lesley said...

Yep, Another Year of Schnibbles for me too. Please sign me up! I have the Hat Trick quilt top made...will email you the picture. Thanks to you and Sheri for hosting such great fun!

Huckleberry stitches said...

I thought I posted a few weeks ago but don't see my post. Anyway I would like to participate! Thank you!