GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Midweek Mosaic: A Light Went On!


Okay, I am evidently pretty slow on the uptake!

I keep an eye out for those sweet little needle works but
I don't get out to thrift shops or antique shops very often.
I know that since I am pretty slow at learning my 
embroidery stitches... that I need another lifetime to even consider making
one of these!
I actually don't know if you call them cross stitch or needle work... or 
if there is a difference. 
A light bulb went off this week... and I thought... hey, maybe I could find a
sweet little sampler on EBay or Etsy.
Hum.
As it turns out... you certainly can!

I should be receiving one in the mail next week!

Turns out I am better off in the dark...
because I see trouble ahead!

8 friends stopped by to chat:

Cathy said...

Ebay can become very addictive (I speak from experience) but so fun! Enjoy your purchase.

JoAnne said...

I, too, have fallen prey to stitchery on Ebay. Can't wait to see what you found!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Hmm, and which one is arriving on your doorstep? :-)

Huckleberry stitches said...

I love love love stitchery....it is so fun. Enjoy

Hildy said...

If you see the 'x's it's called cross-stitch. I love cross-stitching and my favorite patterns are from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery, modern and cute and with kawaii thrown in. But Blackbird Designs has some great ones, too.

Brenda said...

I saw the most lovely needlework samplers done by young girls (9-10) during the 1500s, 1600s in the Victoria and London Museum in London many years ago. I couldn't believe the detail of work done by girls who, in this day and age, may go a lifetime without sewing on a button. The samplers were their practice pieces, where they learned new stitches, and kept "notes" on how they were done. Then they could go on and do really fancy work!

Brenda said...

That's Victoria and Albert Museum. Sorry.

Deb said...

Those are cross stitch and you can find patterns for them all over the internet. They're just x's on linen and very easy to do. I'm anxious to see what you bought!