GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, May 30, 2014

Whoa! Minutes to Go Until the Weekend!

Thank you all for celebrating with me this week on my 5 year blogiversary!

It has been fun!

I have one more winner to pick today for an apron 
from my collection...
and the winner is:
Thimbleanna! who wrote:
Thimbleanna said...
That was a fun read Sinta!
(sorry... for the blur, it was early... and I thought it was just me)!
Congratulations Thimbleanna!


How about one more blast from the past?
This was a post from 2009 also. 
And what better than to see one of our first Schnibbles Parades?!!!

Here you go: December 1, 2009
Today is the day that we have been waiting for... no, not because of the President's speech, & not because it's a full moon
It's time again for the Schnibble Parade of Quilts!!!
But even as exciting as all of the above is...
today is also the day we reveal the next Schnibbles project!
I think you are going to like it!
Sherri at A Quilting Life and I wanted to give you a present for yourself
so we are taking it easy on you this month
by choosing Tuffets as the
Schnibbles project for December!
Here are my Tuffets!
(you know that one is just not enough)!
Here is your other option...
more Tuffets...


(picture above and below are from Carrie Nelson)
Soon, very soon, to be released is the
Sweet Liberty Tuffets
so, you can make these sweet pincushions or
go with the pattern that is avaiable right now...

or do what I am planning on and do them all!
This tuffet below is one of Carrie's Tuffets...

with really adorable pins!

Here is a "stack o' tuffets I did using my project leftovers...
including the selvege edge!
So there you are... your next mission is
Tuffets or Tuffets!

So without further adu, let's get this parade started!
The Schnibbles Parade of quilts...

November's choice was Picnic:
I love the baskets but I am sure everyone will agree that it was "no picnic" at times!
More than a few of us had to do some reverse sewing... if you know what I mean!
But the results are gorgeous...

We are starting off with Ariane's Picnic quilt... just adorable!
Jump on over to her blog to see more photos!

Here we have a guest Schnibbler: Julie from Jaybird Quilts

Jewel, Jewels Arm Candy. Jewel did a sweet
version of Picnic with a nice floral border.

Next we have from Charming Chatter: Kelly's quilt, she used a beautiful group of fabrics that are just being released. Go to her blog for more details on that!



Here is a beautiful spin off of Picnic by Judith from the
wonderful blog: Quilt or Dye.
The amazing Carol L. from Carols Crafty Creations
made her version with a wonderful polka dot border!

Julie S. her blog is: Red Key Quilting did a clean, crisp version of Picnic... and
do you see how the star in the center just pops out?

is another one who added a nice floral border. I love this fabric group!

Joceln of Happy Cottage Quilter made this happy looking
Picnic quilt.
Jo from Jo's Country Junction made up her Picnic is a nice
fall looking group and had her own twist to the basket setting!

New to our group of Schnibblers is Cindy, Sew Cindy blog
made her version of Picnic and also added a twist to the setting and
used a darker background! It looks great that way!
This Picnic quilt is stunning in the black and yellow! It's done by

An Encourager, just awesome!

Diane from the Quilting is Blissful blog made this Picnic... I love the colors!


Karen K (no blog) made her version, it's just beautiful!
I just love the way the star pops out!

Cindy from the Hyacinth Quilt Designs blog gave us this version in nice fall colors! I like the lighter sashing on it.

Heather of Quilt or Stitch made a fun version of Picnic here! Love it!
and Cara at Cara Quilts did a beautiful job on her Picnic quilt!


Bea from France, used a beautiful and bright group of fabrics but see how she just used the yellow, orange and red in the piano key border?

and this is from Angela.. the Modern Diary, another bright and fun
Picnic quilt! It's really sweet!

Allyson from the Fat Cat Quilts blog
made her Picnic in bright colors also. Very cute!

and this one is from Kari at Fresh Cut Quilts... hot off the press, so to speak!
I like her twist to Picnic
by omitting the corner basket blocks!
and here is Picnic by Annette over at Sun shine Yellow blog! I like all the green in the baskets and the center sashing!

Now, if you haven't been there already... hop, skip or run on over to A Quilting Life and see the rest of the Schnibbles Parade! There is lots more to see and each one of them are gorgeous!

Have a great weekend!
I will be back Sunday with the last Schnibbles parade... until we start again in September!


8 friends stopped by to chat:

Sherri said...

oh boy...I was totally panicking for a minute until I realized this was our first Schnibbles parade being reposted. Whew...I know my life has been crazy...but I was really scrambling for a minute! Happy 5 years!!!!

Kris said...

Another lucky winner!!
Enjoyed the Schnibble Parade.
xo Kris

Hildy said...

I think I'll need to make this quilt during the parade break. I would be perfect for the summer time, right?

Jocelyn said...

This was such a fun post. I remember the Tuffets and the Basket Schnibbles I made was given to a young couple who had recently married and living in Mexico :-) I hope they have enjoyed it over the last 4 years. Thanks for the blast from the past.

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Happy anniversary! It was fun to read your posts this past week. Loved the A-B-Cs!

lucky handicraft said...

All cushion are very nice....

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Congrats to you and a big thank you, too, for five years of quilty inspiration for all of us! Here's to many, many more years of inspiration to come!

nhuthuy said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.