GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Somebody is Coming to Town!

American Jane
is making a return visit to my little town!
Tomorrow night she will have a trunk show at my guild...

Her fabric is just happy!

I can't wait to see her again...


And maybe see all her new things from Market this time!

... have you seen her newest fabric?




 Friday she will be teaching a class for us, so of course
I signed up and put in my request for the day off from work!

This star quilt will be the class.

The funny thing... since I haven't been to any meetings for a long while..
I had seen the program person in the local quilt shop and handed her over a check 
without ever seeing what class it was.

A  friend filled me in and showed me the pattern. 
I said "oh, great I think I have that one.

I looked and was happy to see that I did have it in my pattern stash.

I decided on fabrics... but still needed some background 
which required a 
stop to the LQS and 
then when I was talking to the 
quilt shop owner and telling her the
things I might change in the pattern... she said:
 "what"?
"What pattern are you thinking of"?

I was way off!
.
This is what I thought we were doing!

I am so glad that I didn't get to class with everything cut out ahead of time!
I would have been so embarrassed! 
I just wish I could remember who told me it was this pattern!

But since I had it in my mind... I am thinking of combining the two patterns
and make some of the feathered star and some blocks from Oh My Stars
(pictured above)... maybe with a few of those little guys on the side!
(so glad that I won't be making that border)!

Woo hoo... two days with Sandy K.
That will be a nice break from my week!



12 friends stopped by to chat:

Gretchen said...

This sounds like BIG FUN! Have a wonderful time and I can't wait to see your class quilt.

Mary Caldwell said...

How exciting!! Have fun.

Sue said...

Looking forward to seeing your class quilt ! Have Fun !

Kris said...

Have fun! Love her fabrics!
xo Kris

Melissa @ In Between Stitches said...

Sandy is so awesome! I am sure she wouldn't mind if you showed up with the other pattern. Enjoy!

Corrie said...

So jealous. Have a great time. Whew, that was a lot of pieces in that 2nd quilt.

Hildy said...

Have a great time and I know your quilt will look great!

Thimbleanna said...

How Exciting! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Needled Mom said...

You are going to have a great time.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh fun!! I know you will have a blast! Have a great weekend!

Wendy said...

Colour me green (with envy). Happy for you though! Come back and tell us all about will you?

Jeanna said...

You are with American Jane as I type this...hope you are having a blast!