GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, December 1, 2014

AYOS Stems Parade!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great start to the
holiday season! 
I went on a little vacation trip down to Southern California... once again!
I celebrated an early Thanksgiving with my family down there.
But came back home just in time to get things ready for company and
lots and lots of cooking! 
I even slipped in a day of Christmas decorating before I had to get myself back on 
my work schedule!

I am sure you are all aware that Carrie is moving and you can read a little bit more on
her blog post today. She also has a sale going on in her online store that you might want
to check out. Since she is full of surprises...
I am anxious to here more from her and her new adventures in the coming weeks.  

For our next months project...
it's one that I actually asked Sherri if we could make it... it is one of her patterns that
I am dying to make!

It's her mini Shine quilt!



I am in love with her larger version...


And this is my Shine that I got to make for the FQS as a kit sample.

Here is my version of the mini Shine quilt...



Sherri has a special surprise for those of you who participated in this month's
AYOS and a Little Bit More... so hop on over to her blog and find
out more... and to see the other half of our Stems parade!




Here is a photo of my Stems mini.
I forgot to take a picture so I asked my hubby to
take a picture and send it to me... so here it is!
I used my October Skies fabric that I have been hoarding
since I was only using a little bit to make this sweet little pattern.
I enjoy making Fig Tree patterns... and this one was just as fun as I
thought it would be. 
Now I just need to make the larger version of this pattern!!!

So let's see what everyone else did!


Mary made a very fun version of Stems here.
Here flower stems are so pretty and her border fabric is perfect 
to pull it all together nicely!


Nancy went with shades of grey and is able to use it as part of her 
holiday decoration on this vintage radio!


Patty at A Stitch In Time made a super cute Stems here and did straight line 
quilting on it! 



Look what Polly from Aunt Polly's Porch made! She had this done and posted by November 7th! 
Polly made her fun Stems mini into a table runner... notice the stems direction?


Stitchin with Peg made a beautiful Stems mini here in 
Minick and Simpson red white and blue. I love the way 
she used the red to frame the quilt and used it again to bind with.



Sue at Just Sew Sue blog made a bright and happy Stems
quilt here! The pink works great to accent the stems doesn't it?


Susan made a beautiful version of Stems using soft fall colors.
I like the outside border choice on hers too.


Michelle made a beautiful Stems quilt here! 
She has a perfect spot for it on top of her treadle sewing machine!


Vickie created a gorgeous version of Stems mini quilt 
here... I love how she did this!

I hope you enjoyed the parade this month!

And I hope you join us again next month in making our next project!!!
Don't forget to comment... and go to Sherri's parade... and go
visit Carrie (free block pattern on her post) 
and... well, have a great evening!

13 friends stopped by to chat:

Lesley said...

Fabulous stems...a wonderful parade!

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Every single version of STEMS is wonderful! All of the girls did a great job....

I'm anxious to go see what Sherri's got to offer as well as Carrie....

Thanks again for doing these parades....

Peggy

Gretchen said...

I just adore every version of this quilt!!! Such a happy parade!

Nancy E said...

Love all the little Stems. They are so cute!

Needled Mom said...

What fun Stems! I LOVE your October Skies Stems. This month's Schnibbles is a great one too.

Thanks for the wonderful parade.

Dot said...

Loved all you quilts..missed the parade this month definetly back in for next month, pup is settling in and craft shows are done..time for some me sewing

Kris said...

I love the Stems quilt. I have been seeing a few of them on blogs and IG. Glad you had a nice holiday! One of these times when you are here, we need to get together!!
xo Kris

dream quilt create said...

I love all the different Stems quilts. It's so fun to see all the different and creative versions ;)

Kim said...

These are all beautiful

Hildy said...

They're all so beautiful!

Susan said...

I love your choice for next month! Sherri's patterns are great!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oooo...such pretty, pretty quilts. I love the night sky one you made and the tiny sailboats, too. I will always say this: you simply amaze me!

Have fun decorating for Christmas!

xo

Patty said...

another wonderful parade! I always enjoy seeing how one pattern can create so many different interpretations.