GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, December 22, 2014

Pause



We are hours away from Christmas! 

I can't say that anything extremely productive is going on in my sewing room.
Yes, things are going on... but they are top secret and don't have much
of anything to do with my normal quilting.
So sad.
Okay not so top secret either...
... there is baby doll clothes, pillows.
 dish towels and pot holders and aprons...



I thought I would share some holiday decoration snapshots though.

I have a long ledge that lends itself perfectly for a display.




The blue stocking was my dog 
Hannah's who past the Christmas before last.




There's a child's writing desk perfect for writing letters to Santa.
Vintage snow globes and vintage advent.



It's great to put the decorations up high this year... it saves them
from the little people!
When Evie first saw all the decorations she stopped dead in her tracks
and her jaw dropped! A long pause...

That was a priceless moment!



And of course... the tree!

Are you ready yet?




9 friends stopped by to chat:

Cheryl said...

Merry Christmas Sinta! I hope that you have a wonderful holiday season!

Kris said...

Very pretty Sinta! I am done shopping, but have some wrapping and cooking to do.
Merry Christmas my friend!
xo Kris

Hildy said...

No, I'm not ready yet! Some last-minute sewing and wrapping is still on my to-do-list!
I wish you a merry, merry xmas and a great time with your family:-)

Lyndsey said...

Very pretty decorations. My decorations are all up but I have some shopping to do and a couple of bits to finish for work first. Happy Christmas Sinta

slrquilts said...

I can't believe you have a childs desk exactly like mine! I think it's from the 1930's.

Polly said...

Merry Christmas, Sinta!! I hope you and your family have the most wonderful Christmas EVER!!

Thimbleanna said...

We have a little desk like that - what a fun idea to write Santa's letter from there. Have a VERY Merry Christmas Sinta!!!

Jeanna said...

Beautiful decorations Sinta.

Sherry said...

I enjoyed looking at your decorations. I took a few pictures around the house this year, I did a little more decorating because the little ones enjoy them so much. I hope your Christmas was wonderful.