GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Flair For Fabric

A little book review for you... with a bonus.


Have you seen this book at your local quilt shop yet?


It's called a Flair for Fabric by Martingale Publishers.

This book is jammed with adorable projects from a 
variety of designers. The talented women from Henry Glass Fabrics
got together and put together a wonderful book filled with 
quilts that you will be drooling over!

(photographs are from Brent Kane)

It was compiled by Linda Lum DeBono and
here is a list of some of the fabric designers that 
have quilt projects in this book:

Leanne Anderson
 Dana Brooks
 Linda Lum DeBono
 Kim Diehl
 Anni Downs
 Jill Finley
 Margot Languedoc
 Janet Nesbitt and Pam Soliday of Buggy Barn
  Heather Mulder Peterson and Jacquelynne Steves


and that's not all!
There are several more I could mention.


On top of all is that the designers are donating all of their 
royalties from the sale of this book to the Red Cross.
How nice is that!



So do you want to see a few more must-do projects from the book?

How about this one?

Or this sweet little pillow?

Or this one?

Hands down... this one
(click link for more eye candy at Jill Lily blog)

 What really impressed me with this book is the plethora
 of tips that the designers shared on
how they use fabrics from their stash to create a new look.
The information they provide is very useful and it really 
feels like you get to know them a little bit better also.
It's worth buying the book just for that...
but you will love the 15 quilts and projects that are in it also! Wink!


(as an added bonus...
 I am giving you a link to where I found the Flair for Fabric book on sale)

9 friends stopped by to chat:

Thimbleanna said...

Looks like a great book! I especially love that cute little first pillow that you've shown!

Needled Mom said...

That little pillow would make a great AYOS project! It looks like a fun book.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

This book is on my buying list for this year. I'm up to 4 books so far. :)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

you are no fun today!!!
tempting me with another book--
I already have way more 'want to makes' than I will ever get done!!!
Thanks for sharing--I do have to think about this book, for sure!!!
smiles, diandmissgracie

JoAnne said...

I've seen this book and it is on the top of my "to buy" list. Thanks for sharing even more projects.

JoAnne said...

I've seen this book and it is on the top of my "to buy" list. Thanks for sharing even more projects.

Jeanna said...

I haven't seen this book. Of course, we do not have a 'local' quilt shop anymore. Thanks for the review and link to find my very own copy!

Jeanna said...

I haven't seen this book. Of course, we do not have a 'local' quilt shop anymore. Thanks for the review and link to find my very own copy!

Huckleberry stitches said...

I haven't seen this book so I clicked your link and now I await its arrival! Thanks for the heads up!