GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Rain In Spain Stays Mainly In The Plains



I recently posted the start of this quilt... I can't believe that I am finished with it already!

I missed the quilt along but maybe I can encourage a round II of the Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along.

Actually, I intend on sharing this at my retreat in October as a project.
Just like Swoon or Scrappy Swoon by Thimble Blossoms, it's a great pattern
and there isn't one fabric combination for it that hasn't looked great!
I already have a second one cut out and ready to go... except this time
I will use the TB pattern that calls for a jelly roll.
(hint: I found my JR on Chestnut Street)

Image result for Scrappy Swoon Thimble Blossoms


This large version was made with 3 1/2" squares.

This is the photo of  Scrappy Swoon was the one I shared on Instagram.


I made a promise to myself to get my sEvERal Dresden projects under control this month...

and I'm afraid that I didn't quite meet my goal in doing that...
but I have made progress...




I have 16 out of 24 blocks ready to sew together... 
the other blocks  need the center circles still.but I'm getting the 
hang of it and even though it's easy to sit down at the 
sewing machine... for piecing...
I find it harder than heck to
make myself sit and do hand stitching...
but
it
is getting
done.


At first I was going to make it larger than the 24 blocks...
but that was during a brief couple of days when I was looking
for ways to drive myself more insane.


Aside from quilting...
my gran little #2 had some news to share...
a sibling will be arriving the first of February!

That will make gran little #6!

We don't know if it's pink or blue yet... but it will be a tie  if it's 
a girl.
Gran little #5 will be arriving the first of December and he will make
it a count of 3 for boys and 2 for girls.
Yep... we need to tie it up with the February arrival!


Over the weekend my friend Rhonda and I went to see...


a matinee of My Fair Lady!
It was so fun to be out and immersed in 
a classic musical!
The songs still keep playing in my mind!


(now does the post title make sense)
hehe



8 friends stopped by to chat:

Needled Mom said...

Awww....congratulations!!! Love the Scrappy Swoon too. Great colors.

Hildy said...

Congrats to #6 soon! I'm quite sure you'll find a cute quilt to make;-)
And wow, I'm so in love with your Scrappy Swoon it's the best I've ever seen!

KarenCarpe said...

Oh my, love this scrappy swoon! Going to have to make it! Great job and congrats on new gran! They are so fun!

Thanks Karen C.

Patty said...

Congrats on the finish and the news of the grandchild on the way!

Sorcha girl said...

Love grandbabys and six will certainly keep you entertained, Sinta. By the way, what pattern is used in your Dresden Plate block in this post? A Swoon quilt has been on my To Quilt list for several years and the Scrappy/Patchwork Swoon would definitely help reduce my "leftover" fabri pieces.

Jocelyn said...

Congrats on grand #6! Love your quilt!

Beausoleil Quilts said...

So many lovely babies- so wonderful.
congratulations.
I have made Camille's Patchwork Swoon and it is one of my favourite quilts. I love your version. your choice of colours is great. You may have inspired me to make another.

Béa said...

WOW very beautiful tops !