GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, May 18, 2009

The Beginning, Then and Now: the Debut

It was a good thing that we had our own quilt show here in Oakhurst this last weekend. It was a good distraction from having the Spring Market envy that I was feeling. I know I wasn't alone. I had been on Twitter and blogs in every free moment to try to see what was going on there in Pittsburgh. Everyone did a good job keeping the posts coming, showing photos of the booths and all the goodies. You could just feel the excitement! (Yeah, for the Jolly Jabber peoples)
Now that market has come and gone I can show you my photos from what they refer to as my celebrity stunt job. I had another opportunity to sew for Joanna at Fig Tree & Co.
Here is where it all started. I trim the fabric edges as little as possible. I am always afraid that I am not going to have enough or I might make a mistake. The latter one being more of a possibility.
So here we are with the scraps. The fabrics used were from Patisserie and from Mill House Inn, which will be released in the near future. I don't have any photos of blocks in progress, so we go right to the finished top. I have the finished product lying on top of the bed in my guest room. I found this photo on Jolly Jabber blog of the Fig Tree booth where you see it hanging!
Ahhh, the finished product... alive and well.
















I was happy to see that this will be a quilt in the Fresh Vintage #12 issue. It is one pattern but it has 5 different possibilities. The Mill House Inn fabric line is absolutely beautiful. The aqua fabric used has little dots. So very cute. Joanna is amazingly talented and so sweet.
Side note: remember when I wrote and said that I had been down for the count with a terrible migraine? Well, that happened when I thought the package with the quilt top in it had gotten lost in the mail... it just sent me for a tail spin! Joanna was confident that everything was fine but I was a complete basket case!
I will be back with pictures of the quilt show!


6 friends stopped by to chat:

Sherri said...

So that was your celebrity job!!! How wonderful!!! The quilt is gorgeous! I love the Fresh Vintage publications too! Congratulations...what an honor to sew a quilt for Joanna! Sounds like you were doing what I was doing all weekend...following the market through blogs and Twitter!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

WOW! What an honor and what a beautiful quilt top. You did a wonderful job!

Stina Blomgren said...

ohh.. so much fun for you.. but sorry about the migraine... hope its all gone now.. Love the quilt!!!!! :o)

Nicole said...

What a panic you must have been in to think your quilt top had gone missing! Thank goodness it all worked out well.

PamKittyMorning said...

Ohhhh I loved that quilt! Shipping issues, yikes.

Jodi Nelson said...

It's beautiful! Good job! ooxx`jodi