GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quilt Show Pics

Well, before you start looking at any of the quilts from the quilt show I wanted to take you over to this vendor booth. I thought it was so adorable! I tried to get a couple photos with the lamps in view because they were so darn cute! They have Yo Yo's hanging from the lampshade; the center of the lamp is glass and it's filled with pink yo yo's! I need a pair of those!











This quilt (below) was done by Laura Schwartz-Smith. I don't know if you recognize the name but she is a pretty well-known quilter. She is a member of our guild. This is a quilt she made for her mother. Her mother got married in Yosemite in the 40's. I just loved how she did this one! Kind of like a scrapbook and not just a photo quilt... and of course she has the hands and arms in the quilt. She does amazing work.




The quilt here is just beautiful and had hand quilted too! To bad the photographer didn't do such a good job! (sorry)





This is a Dresden quilt that I had mentioned in an older post. The pattern is by Laundry Basket Quilts, called Dresden Star.





One of our members, Lupe, just makes these up from her head, much like the style of the artist Diego Rivera. She herself is from Mexico and from a family of 13 children.





This one of the cottages was so sweet. It was a Block of the Month project. The fence in the border looks great... but looks pretty hard to do!










I really like the simplicity of this little quilt. The pattern is one of Brenda's from Acorn Quilt Co.









I have more photos. I will show them tomorrow. Especially the one that won first place!



















2 friends stopped by to chat:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Can't wait to see more!

Sherri said...

Wonderful quilts! And the vendor booths were a work of art just to look at!