GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh, the Things You'll See:

It has taken me a bit to get back into the routine after my little getaway! I had work to catch up on and my son from Chico came this week to visit... I haven't even turned on my sewing machine since I got back... but I have to tell you...


the Road To California convention...

oh my goodness yes, I had a fabulous time!




The show, the shopping, the laughing... it was all non-stop from sun up to way way past sunset!

This is Part I in the series:

So where to start... the show and then the shopping!


This was the best I could do to get a photo of this incredible quilt.

I had to take 3 pics to get the full panorama.




It's a miniature depicting a past road To California quilt show.

The actual quilt was probably 2' x 10'. Just amazing!



I love the ocean so I am going to start off by showing a few of the amazing quilts

that are in a coastal theme.






Turtles are my favorite... but only followed by sea lions, whales and dolphins... ok, ok... I love them all! So here are a few pictures of those quilts:





Here are a few more traditional quilts. I have always wanted to do a Snails Trail quilt...


I don't think I will get a hexagon quilt done in my lifetime, but they are exquisite!


A Bloggette sighting:
Mystery person: probably me... everybody knows Julie aka Jaybird quilts... and if they didn't know her, they probably did by the end of the show! It was fun to meet her face to face! She is so adorable!



I had a wonderful class with Barbara Jones of Quilt Soup... and the above picture gives you an idea of why I needed a beginner applique class! But even though Barbara isn't able to work miracles, I have to tell you that it was one of the best classes I have taken at Road to California. She was so enjoyable and attentive... she was even able to make the "A" word fun!

I have more photos of the show I would love you to see... so stand by for Part II!


Posted by Picasa

12 friends stopped by to chat:

Cindy said...

Oh my, how fun this will be, seeing more pics of "being on the road" to California.

Sharon said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time...thanks for sharing your fun quilting trip. The quilt show looks amazing!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How fun! Love the turtles! Ok, I love them all! :-)) Thanks for the photo's!

Miriam said...

Wow!!! Thank you for sharing the photos of those wonderful quilts!!!!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Looking forward to Part II. You are quite the trouper! Thank you for sharing your fun.

Unknown said...

Oh I'm green over here. Such pretty things to see, fun people to meet.
I'm glad you got back safe and sound.

Thelma said...

Sinta,
I was at the Road to California quilt show on Thursday! I had the nicest time but forgot my carmera. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Sherri said...

I am going to have to go next year...it's only about a 4 1/2 hours drive! Love the quilts...and what a fun picture of you and Julie! Can't wait for part two!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

FUN!!! Can't wait to see more!

Simone de Klerk said...

Thank you for sharing the lovely quilts. Can't believe some are actually quilts!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh, OUCH! You were not kidding when you said you sewed your finger.

Sinta, I love the quilts you shared. I cannot get over the harp seal one. They are all fabulous, but this one was my favorite.

Great pics!! You are so cute!

xx
becky

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

it was great to meet you live & in person! it looked like you were having lots of fun!