GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Ramblings


                Fig Tree class at Craftsy! woohoo!
I am looking forward to the weekend! Yeah!
I noticed this and thought I would pass on the info!
Joanna has a Craftsy class.
4 different projects. 
Fun... times four!
(click on Joanna's link to see the different projects that she will be teaching)

                          In Stitches: Blossoms Everywhere

Since I have been on the subject of Marmalade this week... I thought I would share another
cute pattern made up using the fabric. It was on Pinterest, pinned from Kate's in Stitches blog.

I hope to have my Marmalade blocks sewn together over the weekend.

But sometimes I feel more like cutting than I do sewing.
It might be an aggression thing... I will have to think about that!

Another quilt that I have been seeing on Pinterest is
On a Whim.
This one is from Camille's blog, Simplify

COR_3437

I also saw this quilt made up in French General fabrics at a show last year. It
was gorgeous!

This weekend I also have to pick my project and get it ready for 
my Bees Knees bee group.
September is my month!
I haven't been able to decide... it's been killing me!
Now it's time, so, I had just better do it!
Oh, and I think a little bit of Schnibbling is in order over the weekend too!
September 1st is getting closer!!!

On another note...


That is no ordinary cloud.
That is a smoke plume of the Rim fire that is burning
just north of Yosemite in the Stanislaus National Forest but has just
entered into the back country of the park. 
I took this photo is from outside the south end of the park.

The park is actually the size of the state of Rhode Island.

However, the acreage that has burned at this time
is twice the size of Sacramento, 
over 105,000 acres, as of this morning.
Does that give you an idea of how big the fire is?

                                Helicopters were out in force making water drops near Ferretti Rd. in Groveland, Calif., as the 16,000 acre Rim Fire continues to grow on Wednesday August 21, 2013. Photo: Michael Macor, San Francisco Chronicle 
It's like throwing a thimble of water on it!

                         
My thoughts are with the families in the area and the
firefighters working on this massive fire!

9 friends stopped by to chat:

Sue said...

You have been in my thoughts Sinta as I watch this fire grow . Very Scary has fast it is growing ! Be Safe and lets hope they can get control of this fire soon !

Jeanna said...

Praying for safety for everyone involved with the fires.

Good luck with all of your stiching (or cutting) this weekend Sinta. Hope you choose your Bees Knees project quickly and get on with enjoying the weekend.

Auntie Pami said...

I drove by, did you see me wave? My family is in San Bernardino, so I understand. My niece is near the fires. I had no idea it was that large

Stina Blomgren said...

This is scary....you take care...the day we arrived in Ontario there was a fire in the mountains above us..but we never saw it or the effects of it...
kviltstina at gmail dot com

Kris said...

The quilts are beautiful! I have sure been thinking about you, and all of those near that fire burning! I hope they get it contained soon.
xo Kris

MaggieOz said...

Hearing of the terrible situation that 's happening in Yosemite my heart goes out to the people , animals and of course the old trees hoping it will soon be under control hugs to all Maggie. X

MaggieOz said...

Hearing of the terrible situation that 's happening in Yosemite my heart goes out to the people , animals and of course the old trees hoping it will soon be under control hugs to all Maggie. X

Kate said...

Thanks for sharing my Marmalade blocks :-) slow progress but I reckon it's going to be worth it.

Sarah said...

Are the fires out now? Sorry, I'm a little late commenting because I've been so behind in reading with a very busy work and family at the moment. Bush fires really scare me. They are a real threat here in Australia in the summer too.