GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, May 8, 2017

Would You Like Some Peppermint Bark?









Good morning!

Fat Quarter Shop has a fun way to start the week! 

This is a new pattern that you can download called

The first thing that comes to mind with the name of peppermint bark is
the Christmas holidays...
but although the pattern looks great in traditional and non-traditional 
holiday fabrics... they asked a few bloggers to put their spin on the pattern!

So of course, I thought I would use soft Spring colors...
no surprise there, right?



What I really love about the pattern is the cross center...
and then the bonus of the pinwheel within the cross.

It also has at swoony looking star... so those elements combined
made for a super fun, super-sized block!

(but not too big)



I added a bicycle border to add to that 
"perfect day for a picnic" or "let's go fly a kite" look!



I think it will make a nice wall hanging or patio table table cloth!

And with all the fun new Christmas fabric starting to arrive in the stores...

I am sure to find something fun and make a larger size 
quilt for fall or next winter!

Couldn't you just see this made up in Fig Tree fabrics??? 
Be sure to take a look at the You Tube video
on the Fat Quarter Shop link and also get a copy of the 
pattern!!!
Happy Monday! 
Enjoy the rest of the blog hop...

and I wasn't kidding...

Peppermint Bark (Williams Sonoma Copycat) | www.shariblogs.com:

this is the recipe I use for making Peppermint Bark!
You'll love it!





6 friends stopped by to chat:

Jeanna said...

That is such a pretty pattern and I love your spring version. That bicycle border is just too perfect!

Hildy said...

I love your spring quilt with the bicycle border!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and love the bicycle border also!

Anonymous said...

Your post wasn't on my blog list until Tues, therefore didn't get to see it till this a.m. Except for the preceding rant by "Boycott...", I enjoyed the post today, love the quilt done in soft spring colors, very nice. The bicycle border was perfect for Spring. I always look forward to your blog, count it as a sweet surprise when it pops up. You always have something interesting to say or just a great quilt to view. Don't let negative rants spoil your day, there is always the delete button to help you forget them. Stephani in N. TX (Tomazec@aol.com)

Needled Mom said...

It looks great. What a fn pattern that is. As Connie said, love that bicycle print!

Patty said...

I want that bicycle print! Great job on the quilt top.