GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, August 13, 2018

Fig Tree Summer Projects


First of all, 
I had a little makeover here on the blog.
It was way overdue for a change... 
but it was proving to be a little over my patience level...
so I enlisted some help.
It's a bit of an
 improvement... right?





I was able to make this kit up over the past week.
I had purchased it from Fig Tree and Company
at Pacific International Quilt Show last year... 
and felt the urge to get it made!
I bought another kit from FT there also...
a Christmas quilt, so I think that one will be working it's way 
onto the agenda soon.

I have to tell you that I struggled with those two scissor blocks.
OMG I was challenged!
 But they were so worth the effort.
I want to make one more... and make it into a little supply bag.



This little one here was a complete impulse
project, which I saw on Instagram.
It was so cute... and I just happen to be working with
1 1/2" strips, so I diverted my attention
to get a little version made, but I 
totally intend on whipping up 
another larger mini of these fabric stacks!



This is my latest 
Sherbets and Creams Summer project.
I finished Popsicles and now it's 
Jello Squares! 
I had scraps left over from the quilt in
the first photo... and a honey bun of
Corey Yoder fabrics already in my stash.

I think I will be able
to squeeze in the Watermelon Quilt next before
summer ends! 

And the thought of summer being over 
makes me very happy!
I am over the heat and the smoke...
summer use to be fun...
being at the lake, having BBQ's...








6 friends stopped by to chat:

Thelma said...

Sinta, the blog facelift looks great, I've been thinking I need to do the same. With school starting so early now it seems like summer has become shorter, but I'm not giving up on summer until September 1. Let's see what summer sewing we can accomplish in the next few weeks. You've got a great start.

Cheryl said...

I love the new look to the blog and your quilt top look great!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Your sewing quilt is so cute. Yes, I can see close up that those scissors were a real challenge. I adore the little blocks too

I am sick of summer too - mostly the mosquitoes and the sweating

Wendy said...

Hello and nice to be back! I know you haven't gone anywhere but I seemed to have strayed from my blog and blog reading for a bit but and I have to say it is nice to be back blogging and reading blogs of old "friends". I know we have not met but when you read along with someone for many years you just get to feel like they are your friends, and I have missed you. Your facelift looks lovely and that quilt! the very first thlng I thought when I saw it was how striking the scissors were in the quilt so I am glad you persevered with them. As far as summer...it has been brutal here too. the weather is just so extreme...when it is hot it is very hot, when it rains, it is torrential, when there are fires they are relentless...ahh I miss the way things used to be...real or imagined. I can't bring them back but I can get caught up with old "friends" again so that I will do.

Jeanna said...

The blog change is so pretty. I love the clean lines and the colors are wonderful.

So many lovely finishes this summer including the cute fabric stacks mini. Hope you get a break in the heat and smoke soon!

Unknown said...

BIRTHDAY WISHES And MESSAGES